Hardwicke Bay Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Hardwicke Bay (5575) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 104 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Hardwicke Bay is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Hardwicke Bay was 127 and is comprised of approximately 46.5% females and 53.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Hardwicke Bay is 57 years of age.

77.0% of people living in the suburb of Hardwicke Bay were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 13.5% England, 3.2% Scotland.

94.4% of people living in Hardwicke Bay speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Hardwicke Bay is 39.8% No religion, 19.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 11.7% Anglican, 9.4% Catholic, 7.8% Uniting Church, 2.3% Salvation Army, 2.3% Jehovah's Witnesses, 2.3% Latter-day Saints, 2.3% Buddhism, 2.3% Presbyterian and Reformed.

70.3% of people are married, 12.6% have never married and 9.9% are divorced and 2.7% are separated. There are 5 widowed people living in Hardwicke Bay.

56.8% of the people living in Hardwicke Bay over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.1% are working on a part time basis. Hardwicke Bay has an unemployment rate of 8.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Hardwicke Bay are 36.4% Technicians & trades workers, 18.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 15.2% Sales workers, 12.1% Professionals, 9.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 9.1% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Hardwicke Bay work in are 16.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 16.7% Construction, 16.7% Public administration and safety, 16.7% Education and training, 16.7% Other services, 16.7% Mining.

67.9% of homes are fully owned, and 24.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 0.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $337 per week and the median household income is $650 per week.

The median rent in Hardwicke Bay is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $566 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Hardwicke Bay postcode 5575

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Yatala Vale 5126 -> Adelaide -> South Australia